Manage episode 278352769 series 2505215
Michael Boyd, Head of Research at Energy Income Authority, joined J Mintzmyer's Value Investor's Edge Live on November 6, 2020, to discuss the post-election energy market prospects and opportunities into 2021 and beyond. This interview and discussion is relevant for anyone with interest in the broad energy sectors, including the overall SPDR Energy ETF (XLE) and income-focused funds such as the Alerian (AMLP). Specifically in this interview, we discuss several individual names including Altus Midstream (ALTM), Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT), Cimarex Energy (XEC), DCP Midstream (DCP), Diamondback Energy (FANG), Energy Transfer (ET), ExxonMobil (XOM), Plains All American (PAA), RPC Inc (RES), Schlumberger (SLB), and Targa Resources (TRGP).
- (<3:15) Intro/Disclosures
- (3:30) What does Biden Presidency and GOP Senate mean for energy?
- (6:30) Any risk to an energy export ban/shift?
- (8:30) Discussion on valuation levels and approaches.
- (18:00) What are your favorite sectors vs. avoids?
- (25:00) Top picks and a short candidate ideas to hedge?
- (32:45) You're negative on oil services: what about Schlumberger (SLB)?
- (35:45) Any views on ExxonMobil (XOM)? Are they attractive here?
- (39:15) Updated commentary on Altus Midstream (ALTM) after the triple?
- (46:45) Any firms which could be the ‘next ALTM?’
- (51:15) Any top picks without K-1 exposure?
- (53:30) How will the divestment wave play out? Interest in crude oil itself?
- (1:00:30) Overview of the Energy Income Authority research platform.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices