Manage episode 278440959 series 2505215
Greg Zikos, CFO of Costamare (CMRE), joined J Mintzmyer's Value Investor's Edge Live on Nov. 4, 2020, to discuss the containership markets and forward opportunities and capital allocation priorities for Costamare. This interview and discussion is relevant for anyone with containership sector or box lessor investments, including Atlas Corp (ATCO), CAI Intl (CAI), Capital Partners (CPLP), Danaos Corp (DAC), Global Ship Lease (GSL), Matson (MATX), Navios Containers (NMCI), Navios Partners (NMM), Textainer (TGH), and Triton (TRTN).
- (1:20) What's driving the strength in containership rates
- (4:20) How much strength is related to disruptions vs. demand growth?
- (8:30) Review of current rates, CMRE exposure to uplift?
- (12:40) How far in advance can charter deals be locked in?
- (14:10) Commentary on the secondhand market? Depressed values?
- (16:50) Are there buying opportunities in the secondhand market?
- (17:50) Is there meaningful interest in newbuilds with fixed charters?
- (20:25) Commentary on preferred equity? Repurchase or call back?
- (24:10) Dividend commentary, potential for a raise in the near-term?
- (27:20) How are rates performing for the larger ships vs. midsized?
- (31:00) Can you submit a new presentation/disclosure in December?
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices