Manage episode 280608832 series 2505215
Oystein Kalleklev, CEO of Flex LNG (FLNG), a leading ultramodern LNG shipping company, joined J Mintzmyer's Value Investor's Edge Live on Nov. 24, 2020, to discuss the LNG shipping markets and forward opportunities and capital allocation priorities for Flex LNG. This interview and discussion of the underlying LNG global markets is relevant for anyone with LNG shipping or LNG export infrastructure investments, including Cheniere (LNG), Cheniere Partners (CQP), GasLog (GLOG), GasLog Partners (GLOP), Golar LNG (GLNG), Golar LNG Partners (GMLP), Hoegh LNG Partners (HMLP), Teekay LNG Partners (TGP), and Tellurian (TELL).Topics Covered
- (<1:20) Intro/Disclosures
- (1:20) Current state of the LNG market?
- (7:20) Expected duration of winter strength? Impact to market balance?
- (11:40) Views on the current orderbook overhang?
- (17:20) Economics on ship classes? When will vintage ships be scrapped?
- (23:30) Breakdown of the $30-$50kpd difference in rates between vintage steam propulsion ships and modern MEGI/X-DF tonnage.
- (25:50) Review of capital allocation priorities at FLNG into 2021-2022.
- (31:30) How does repurchasing shares today compare with newbuilds?
- (35:15) Thoughts on deleveraging as a priority today?
- (37:30) Dividend policy and forward payout potential?
- (44:30) Liquidity requirement and target levels?
- (49:10) What are the key risk factors and things to watch into 2021?
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices