Episode 112: Transforming into Your 2.0 Self: Profitable & Powerful Entrepreneur with Dr. Muyibat Adelani
Manage episode 315448633 series 2818098
As Black women in medicine, there are so many things we do to ourselves that are acting as barriers to our own transformation. The second we stop and listen to the signs we are given and start taking courageous action, we will see a shift in our lives. That’s why episode 112 of the Melanin & Medicine Podcast is about transforming into your 2.0 self, a profitable and powerful entrepreneur!
Make sure to get our Funding Your Healthcare Vision workshop bundle is for women healthcare professionals who want to learn how to easily fund, build and grow their own social enterprise, whether for-profit or nonprofit, to transform the healthcare system through building a healthcare space, organization, consulting, or any combination of these.
In this episode of the Melanin & Medicine Podcast, my guest, Dr. Muyibat, orthopedic surgeon and life coach shares the importance of gaining charity on where you are meant to go in life and taking courageous steps outside of your comfort zone to get you there.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The number 1 sign that you are wasting your time and that you are ready to pivot.
- The mental work and grounding down that needs to be done before moving into creating your own space to exist in.
- Going through the vetting process of understanding what is right for you, how you’re going to do it, and removing the rest.
- Dr. Muyibat’s top pieces of advice for anyone seeking clarity on taking the next steps into their 2.0 self.
- The importance of having community spaces where you can be vulnerable and remove the pressures of the “Dr.” label.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on empowering Black women in medicine and academia to find their purpose and achieve their vision.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me!
And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
MORE ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Adelani is an orthopedic surgeon who has been in practice for over seven years. Alongside her practice, she has been highly involved in medical student and resident education through coaching. She has developed a passion for supporting trainees of color by preparing them for their lives as practicing physicians. Outside of work, she enjoys sports, photography, and interior design.
CONNECT WITH DR. MUYIBAT ADELANI on Instagram