Episode 113: Overcoming challenges to growing your mission-driven business w/ Dr. Catherine Woodhouse
Manage episode 316047426 series 2818098
As an entrepreneur, you have the freedom to create a space that you not only fit in but are called to build. That’s why episode 113 of the Melanin & Medicine Podcast is about overcoming challenges to growing your business!
Make sure to get our Funding Your Healthcare Vision workshop bundle is for women healthcare professionals who want to learn how to easily fund, build and grow their own social enterprise, whether for-profit or nonprofit, to transform the healthcare system through building a healthcare space, organization, consulting, or any combination of these.
Dr. Woodhouse is a triple board-certified physician in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Bariatric Medicine. As a Commissioned Corps officer in the U.S. Public Health Service, she crisscrossed the country for 8 years providing medical care to a wide variety of medically underserved communities and serving during Hurricane Katrina. After completing her active-duty obligation, she continued locum work in a large hospital-based employed private practice system. As such, she has been a proud professional locum physician for over 20 years. A joyful and thriving burnout survivor, she loves helping occupationally stressed women physicians realize the power they possess over their life’s work.
In this episode of the Melanin & Medicine Podcast, my guest Dr. Catherine Woodhouse shares the importance of having patience with yourself as you enter into this next phase of your life or business and practical advice to follow as you start your entrepreneurial journey.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Relinquishing control over and putting faith in the things that are out of your hands while focusing on the elements of your business you CAN control.
- Why you might be feeling fear of success just as much as a fear of failure and a mindset shift you can practice to change your perspective.
- Three important practices that are essential when shifting into entrepreneurship.
- Answering the question surrounding the possibility of scaling what you already have.
- The power and impact of finding a coach and a community of like-minded women to elevate you to the next level in your business.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Don’t forget to text PODCAST to 516-855-3557
Learn more about Melanin & Medicine and Omolara at https://melaninmedicine.buzzsprout.com/
CONNECT WITH DR. OMOLARA UWEMEDIMO MD, MPH:
CONNECT WITH DR. CATHERINE WOODHOUSE:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: