MI Rewind: Are Emerging Markets Undervalued? w/ James Fletcher
Manage episode 356254408 series 2539397
Clay Finck chats with James Fletcher all about ESG investing and emerging markets. James Fletcher is the founder of Ethos Investment Management and the founder of the global non-profit, Young Investors Society.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
09:10 - What ESG investing is, and why it’s a focus of James’ fund.
16:29 - Whether ESG investing enhances, or hinders long-term returns.
22:30 - What emerging markets are, and why James believes that emerging markets are undervalued.
27:34 - What emerging markets James’ fund invests in.
44:53 - How James thinks about the role of cash in a portfolio.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Check out Ethos Investment Management.
- Check out Young Investors Society.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI029: Emerging Markets And Small-Cap Investing w/ James Fletcher, or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI103: China, Emerging & Frontier Markets w/ Kevin Carter, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Connect with James: Website | LinkedIn
Connect with Clay: Twitter
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!