Love yourself 24/7, growing and deflecting the noise around you, from alcoholism to hero with Adam Jablin.
Manage episode 282113407 series 2772529
On this episode of Mindful Impact with Justin Francisco,the host speaks with a family man and spiritual trainer, Adam Jablin. Listen up as they have very deep conversations about trials and tribulation, from addiction to business and family, the prices you pay and the difficult lessons through the journey. How beautiful life can be when you follow your purpose.
- Adam Jablin: Website
3 Key Points:
- The journey to sobriety doesn't happen overnight, there would be challenges and hardships along the way.
- Everybody has their own lessons because everybody has a different personality, learn how to value yourself not other people's approval.
- Be fully you, do not seek others approval, you cannot please everybody, nor you cannot make someone love you.
- 1:13-Adam works with celebrities, entrepreneurs, war heroes, and regular people fighting a good fight as parents.
- 1:53- Adam's spiritual connection makes his heart sing out loud.
- 3:04- It took 14 years for Adam to have that clarity to live a purpose-driven life.
- 5:20- Adam was on a perfect storm when somebody called to buy his building, then he knew that it was time to be himself and pursue his passion.
- 8:20- Adam believes that God will do for you what you can't do for yourself.
- 10:00- Adam describes his life as an alcoholic as wanting to look like the most responsible guy, but deep inside, he's obsessed with a drink.
- 10:33- Adam felt despair, shame, and judgment as an alcoholic, while he doesn't want to let people down, however, he needs it as badly as he needs to breathe.
- 12:00- During the recovery period, a family may grow with you or be stuck when they help you.
- 13:17- Adam's spiritual journey is very intrinsic using all valuable tools such as prayer, meditation, taking care of his body, and reading.
- 17:20- The physical body shows your experiencing in your internal world.
- 22:19- Sobriety doesn't happen overnight.
- 23:00 People go through different shifts but we have to trust our intuition and keep going.
- 24:15 After being sober, everything changes for the better including, marriage and relationships with kids.
- 28:45 Being our true self is so hard it tends to disappoint a lot of people.
- 30:09- The work is the fun part, but the hard part is, dealing with people's reactions when you change.
- 33:30- The Hero Project is a 90-day transformation coaching.
- 34:57- With Adam's kids, he leads by example.
- 44:32-Adam's takes a 23-minute meditation every morning or deep breathing exercises.
- 52:00- You can feel envious about other's success but don't desire people to fail.
- 54: 14 For Adam's 18-year-old self, he will hug him and tell him to buckle up, it's one hell of a ride.
- "It's the connection to my higher power that I call God, it's just having a Redbull, ready to attack the day."- Adam Jablin