Manage episode 304891790 series 2366864
Did you know that a ketogenic diet can support immune health? Beyond its tried and true benefits of weight loss, fertility, and enhanced neurological health, keto has multiple mechanisms that reduce inflammation in the body. In fact, keto can reduce certain inflammatory chemicals including inflammasomes, it can enhance cell membrane health and can even reduce CRP by 35-40%. What’s more, there is a direct relationship between ketones and T Cell function including enhanced production and specificity of these long term players of the immune system.
In this episode, we unpack the many benefits of the ketogenic diet on the immune system and get into the nitty gritty research of how a ketogenic diet can be used as a clinical tool for restoring and maintaining metabolic and immune health. We also unpack the taboo topic of n@tural immunitee (did you know it is a banned hashtag?!) Learn how to rev up your immune system using keto along with targeted supplementation and how you can make your terrain resilient to whatever viru$ comes our way next!
Also in this episode:
- Next Level Keto - starts 10/27
- Women’s Wellness Workshop 12/4 - Tickets Available Soon!
- Become a Client
- Ali Miller RD Patreon
- Benefits of Keto
- Episode 99: Ketosis as Medicine
- Episode 121: Keto and Women’s hormones 101
- Comparison of low fat and low carbohydrate diets on circulating fatty acid composition and markers of inflammation
- Limited effect of dietary saturated fat on plasma saturated fat in the context of a low carbohydrate diet
- The relation between insulin sensitivity and the fatty-acid composition of skeletal-muscle phospholipids
- Effectiveness and Safety of a Novel Care Model for the Management of Type 2 Diabetes at 1 Year: An Open-Label, Non-Randomized, Controlled Study
- The Keto Immune Connection & T Cell Immunity
- Where to Start?
- Natural Immunity
Love the Naturally Nourished Podcast? Consider supporting us through Patreon with tiers from $3 to $25 and perks including exclusive monthly Q&A’s, monthly research releases and rants, program and supplement discounts and more!