Manage episode 277989798 series 2663586
Next up in our JOY series, we chat to Dominique Beverton about walking, sustainable fashion and music.
We continue our search for joy in lockdown in London as we speak with Dominique Beverton AKA @irrelevant_styling about her various passions.
Dominique is a force for good on instagram, documenting her colourful life in South East London and her impeccable taste in sustainable clothes. We discuss what brings Dominique joy, including nature and walking, slow fashion and music.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Finding peace in walking in nature (3.08)
- The joy of reconnecting and spending quality time with her daughter in lockdown (6.28)
- Sustainable clothing and why Dominique has an aversion to the word ‘fashion’ (7.25)
- What Dominique’s perfect day in lockdown looks like (10.08)
- Dominique’s joyful music favourites (11.20)
- Which clothes bring her joy, and where to find one off pieces in charity shops in South East London - including the art of a good window display (12.23)
If you want to find out more about Dominique and take a look at her outfits, find her at https://www.instagram.com/irrelevant_styling/.
Be part of the conversation
We’d love to know, do you find joy in second hand shopping? What are your top tips?
Find us on Instagram @portrait_of_a_londoner
Facebook @Portrait of a Londoner
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are completely self funded so if you would like to support us we would be extremely grateful: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=34411265
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast! If you’ve enjoyed this episode, why not send it to a friend?