Francesca Specter, podcaster, journalist and author of Alonement - How to be alone and absolutely own it
Manage episode 288973561 series 2663586
Francesca Specter shownotes
We’re back with a new episode with Francesca Specter - podcaster, author, and journalist whose book Alonement was published in March 2021.
In this episode of Portrait of a Londoner, Catriona speaks with Francesca Specter who is passionate about helping others love the time they spend alone.
We discuss Francesca’s work and why she is passionate about inspiring people to value their alone time. We also discuss the relationship between alonement and gender, some of Francesca’s best podcast guests and favourite books, and what she loves about where she lives in North West London.
In this episode, we talk about:
- An introduction to Francesca, the alonement movement, and her new book (0:38)
- Keeping movements of alonement once we come out of lockdown (4.50)
- The Alonement podcast and highlights from some of Francesca’s most insightful guests (9.10)
- The effect of social media on our psyches (14.20)
- Francesca’s book habits and recommendations (16.23)
- What Francesca loves about podcasting and the importance of conversation (18.45)
- How the freedom to be alone is a different story for women (20.40)
- What Francesca loves about where she lives in Chalk Farm (21.52)
If you want to find out more about Francesca, you can find her on instagram.com/chezspecter and her book is available now. We loved reading it, and we’re sure you will as well.
Be part of the conversation
We’d love to know, how do you feel about spending time alone?
Find us on Instagram @portrait_of_a_londoner
Facebook @Portrait of a Londoner
or email us at email@example.com
We are completely self-funded so if you would like to support us we would be extremely grateful: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=34411265
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast! If you’ve enjoyed this episode, why not send it to a friend?