Graphic Artist Rob Lowe aka Supermundane about the joyfulness of his art & how he finds joy in music, film and South East London!
Manage episode 277285226 series 2663586
This week we speak to Rob Lowe AKA Supermundane, an artist based in South East London. Rob’s signature geometric images that play with line, colour and optical effects, have been published and exhibited worldwide.
As part of our series on joy, we sit down with Rob to discuss where joy can be found in his work, and why creating joyful art is so important to him. We also find out how he finds joy in his personal life through music, film and cold water swimming.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Finding joy in cold water swimming and Tooting Bec Lido (0:20)
- The importance of joy in Rob’s work as an artist and how this has changed during lockdown (2:49)
- Rob’s introduction into art and professional journey as an artist (09:00)
- Why we should be challenging ourselves to say no and slow down in today’s world (10:50)
- Favourite films and the joy of watching them again and again (12:37)
- The music and playlist making currently bringing Rob joy (15:10)
- The places that Rob visits to feel joy and what he looks out when going to exhibitions (18:10)
If you want to find out more about Rob, check out his website https://supermundane.com/ and follow him on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/supermundane/, where he posts details of when you can visit him at his studio in Forest Hill.
Be part of the conversation
We’d love to know, how does art bring you joy?
Find us on Instagram @portrait_of_a_londoner
Facebook @Portrait of a Londoner
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are completely self funded so if you would like to support us we would be extremely grateful: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=34411265
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast! If you’ve enjoyed this episode, why not send it to a friend?