Manage episode 278717312 series 2663586
Jane Martin, or @JaneCanDoSE4 on Twitter, has her hand in many of the local initiatives which have helped create strong community ties in Crofton Park and South East London - including the netball team where Muna and Catriona first met.
Jane has lived in South East London for almost 40 years and tweets and blogs constantly about the area. She is passionate about the community and supporting local businesses. She has played an integral role in lots of local activities and festivals, as well as local sports. We speak to Jane about building strong local ties, the importance of sport and how she finds joy.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The start of the netball team, which is where our podcasts host first met (1:04)
- Jane’s resilience and optimism, where this comes from and how she maintains it (3:55)
- Being a community champion in South East London (6:29)
- The Crofton Column - Jane’s blog and finding new things to report on during lockdown (7:54)
- How Jane has maintained joy during lockdown through cycling and playing tennis (9:15)
- Finding joy through the rediscovery of jigsaw puzzles (11:40)
- Volunteering initiatives Jane has joined this year to help during the pandemic (12:48)
- The influence of Jane’s family on how she finds joy in sport now (15:11)
If you want to find out more about Jane, take a look at her Twitter @JaneCanDoSE4 where you’ll also find links to her blog.
Be part of the conversation
Which sports bring you joy, and how has finding joy changed for you this year?
Find us on Instagram @portrait_of_a_londoner
Facebook @Portrait of a Londoner
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are completely self funded so if you would like to support us we would be extremely grateful: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=34411265
Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast! If you’ve enjoyed this episode, why not send it to a friend?