Manage episode 276320884 series 2444713
How can you create and code software that's actually secure? Hit play to find out! Join us this week as Tanya Janca discusses her new book, and offers up her top tips on secure software and knitting mittens for squirrels (yes, seriously.) 🐿🧤
We also discuss the moral dilemma of a Robin Hood-style hacking donation and all the commotion around Trump's alleged Twitter hack. Don't worry, this is an election-free zone.
All that, plus a particularly funky round of Play Your Passwords Right. 🎸🎶
🏰 Watchtower Weekly
- Mysterious 'Robin Hood' hackers donating stolen money
- "Nobody gets hacked."
- President Trump’s Twitter accessed by security expert who guessed password ‘maga2020!’
- Skepticism mounts around alleged Trump Twitter hack
🎙 Guest Interview - Tanya Janca
- Follow @shehackspurple on Twitter
- Follow @wehackpurple on Twitter
- Visit: wehackpurple.com
- Pre-order: Alice and Bob Learn Application Security
Ask us anything! Please use the #Ask1Password hashtag or send us an email at: email@example.com
🚨 Play Your Passwords Right
We show a password, then reveal how many times that has been in a breach. We then show another and guess higher or lower.
To play along visit: haveibeenpwned.com/passwords
Please get in touch using #Ask1Password and let us know what you think of the show, you can also leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.