Manage episode 286615387 series 1277515
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
Poe is wrong. Though we have lulled ourselves asleep, the reality is far brighter and beautiful than we imagine. Christ is risen and so shall we. The dreamer who dreams is He.
- Bible study and hermeneutics for congregations
- Kingdom of God is here right now: “in principle, not without remainder”
- An exegetical examination of sending of the Spirit in the Gospel of Mark
- God does what He does, it doesn’t look like what you expect
- In tough times, seeing is believing? Not according to St. Mark
- Ambiguity of the evidence
Dr. James Voelz
and Craft of Preaching
Dead Horse One - I love my man
1 Corinthians 10:11
Matthew 11:2-6 (“Shall we look for another?”)
Mark 16:7 (tombstone quote)