Manage episode 289938730 series 2820984
On today's show, I welcome Marianne Edwards, fellow Canadian and Founder of Boondocker's Welcome to share some of her best tips on finding free camping no matter where you travel.
Marianne is also the author of The Frugal Shunpiker's Guides, the popular e-book series that guides you to the best free camping sites throughout the Southwestern United States. We have the ebook on Southern Utah, and I can attest, they are informative, witty and in-depth. You can check those guides out on Marianne's other website: Frugal RV Travel
A Few Things we Talk About on This Week's Episode:
- Boondocking defined
- How Marianne's expansive 20-year travel history spurred the advent of Boondocker's Welcome
- How Boondocker's Welcome works and how to participate as a guest or a host
- Other options
- Boondocking etiquette tips for camping off the grid
- Dispelling myths around boondocking with a large rig
- Boondocking Safety
- How Boondocking saves money
We'll even discover two of Marianne's favourite places to experience as a camper, so stay tuned!
Links Mentioned In this Episode:
- Boondockers Welcome
- Boondockers Welcome (Facebook)
- Boondockers Welcome (Instagram)
- Frugal RV Travel
- Overnight RV Parking
- Harvest Hosts
Marianne has become an industry expert in how to enjoy big travel on a small budget. She has been profiled in the New York Times and has contributed to many RV industry magazines and newsletters where she has shared her vast knowledge about finding free scenic RV camping on public lands. We're always excited to sit down and have a chat with RV experts and we thank Marianne for joining us today!