Manage episode 298491630 series 2807047
Connor Hey, from Org3D, specialist recruiters in Cyber Security and Data & Analytics, speaks with Akeel Jabber - the start-up investor and host of SaaS District at Horizen Capital. Together, they outline some really valuable insights for start-ups looking to acquire funding; the importance of selling the story of the start-up, what are some of the funding alternatives, and how harmful it is to ask for too much funding.
This Episode is taken from tha “Grow Tech Fast - The Org3D Podcast”, go check them out now!
During this interview we cover:
- 00:00 Contentfy, your on-demand podcast & video editing & repurposing service
- 01:23 - Getting into the SaaS Industry & Entrepreneurship through Acquisition
- 07:32 - Why To Raise Money & Why To Sell?
- 09:18 - Metrics to Evaluate When Making an Investment or Acquisitions
- 13:41 - Raising Exactly What You Need & Getting The Pitch Right
- 19:27 - How Harmful is To Ask Too Much Funding
- 21:05 - SaaS Valuations & The Metric That Matters
- 24:32 - Advice For New Entrepreneurs
Tag us & follow:
More about Akeel:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/AkeelJabber
LinkedIn - https://linkedin.com/in/akeel-jabbar
More Podcast Sessions - https://horizencapital.com/saas-podcast