Manage episode 324599331 series 2661498
1:29: Biden's budget proposal.
7:31: Biden wants a wealth tax.
36:36: Weekly listener question: "With respect to the school curriculum debates, I can easily imagine various tradcons responding to Nick's take ('Let schools teach what they want') in the following manner: 'Teacher schools in America are, in effect, progressive indoctrination camps. So when you have a libertarian approach to curriculum, the de facto result is all these progressive teachers indoctrinating your kids with warmed-over Marxism. This is a perfect example of libertarianism being tantamount to surrender in the culture war. Putatively neutral policies, in fact, tilt heavily leftward.' Given that some members of the panel have first-hand experience with their kids imbibing wokeism at their public schools, what say you to this critique?"
This week's links:
- "Biden Is Clueless About Inflation," by Nick Gillespie and Regan Taylor
- "Biden's Economy Is Extraordinary. But Inflation Is Still The Achilles' Heel Of Democrats" by Jennifer Rubin
- Joe Biden's Twitter
- "How Biden's Agenda Is Causing Inflation" by Nick Gillespie
- "Want To Stop School Book Battles? Give Parents Real Choice in Education" by Nick Gillespie
- "The 19 Percent Solution" by Nick Gillespie and Veronique De Rugy
- "Joe Manchin on Biden's Wealth Tax: 'You Can't Tax Something That's Not Earned.'" by Peter Suderman
- "Biden's Desperate Wealth Tax Flip-Flop" by Peter Suderman
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your social media handle and the correct pronunciation of your name.
- We all want to make sure our family is protected in a medical emergency. What many of us don't realize is that health insurance won't always cover the full amount of an emergency medical flight. Even with comprehensive coverage, you could get hit with high deductibles and co-pays. That's why an AirMedCare Network membership is so important. As a member, if an emergency arises, you won't see a bill for air medical transport when flown by an AMCN provider. Best of all, a membership covers your entire household for as little as $85 a year. AMCN providers are called upon to transport more than 100,000 patients a year. This is coverage no family should be without. Now, as a listener of our show, you'll get up to a $50 Visa or Amazon Gift Card with a new membership. Simply visit AirMedCare Network.com/reason and use offer code REASON.
- People don't always realize that physical symptoms like headaches, teeth-grinding, and even digestive issues can be indicators of stress. And let's not forget about doom-scrolling, sleeping too little, sleeping too much, under-eating, and overeating. Stress shows up in all kinds of ways. And in a world that's telling you to do more, sleep less, and grind all the time, here's your reminder to take care of yourself, do less, and maybe try some therapy. BetterHelp is customized online therapy that offers video, phone,
and even live chat sessions with your therapist, so you don't have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in-person therapy. Give it a try and see if online therapy can help lower your stress. This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp, and The Reason Roundtable listeners get 10 percent off their first month at BetterHelp.com/roundtable.
Audio production by Ian Keyser
Assistant production by Adam Czarnecki
Music: "Angeline," by The Brothers Steve