Manage episode 279533899 series 2794934
If you only listen to one podcast episode in 2020, this should be it. Dr. Deb Gorton, author of Embracing Uncomfortable, shares her insight as a clinical psychologist with personal stories about how our drive for comfort is leading us away from our desired destination, and what you and I can do to start living differently.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How knowing your core identity gives you freedom to do so many other things
- How when we don't know who we are and what we value, we make the wrong short term decisions
- How when get locked into specific outcomes, it's hard to pivot when they don't match our reality
- How our drive for comfort leads us away from our desired destination
- Colossians 1:16 - For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. (NIV)