Manage episode 295676762 series 2864262
Krista Isaacson had 30 hours from the time her two-year-old daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor until she passed away. She shares her incredible journey of faith and learning to lean on God through this unbearable burden.
- The crazy shenanigans Krista’s daughter Elora got into as a young girl
- The day everything changed
- The blessing of having family close by to help, support and love.
- Battling between extreme fear and faith
- Her thoughts while pacing the floor waiting for diagnosis
- Juggling grief upon diagnosis while watching her daughter battle for life
- How God helped and sustained her through two sleepless nights
- How she felt angels with her
- An agonizing decision when she didn’t want to pray to know the answer
- Courageously submitting to God’s will
- The sacred moment of death
- The downward spiral Krista went through and what pulled her out
- Be patient with yourself on your journey
- God can see what's coming on our path, and He puts things in place ahead of time to soften the blow, to help us endure the hardship, and so that we can see his hand and know he's with us.
- How Krista thought God was asking something horribly cruel of her when Krista had to choose to take her daughter off of life-support. But this decision opened the door to one of the most sacred experiences of Krista's life.
- WE DO NOT have to carry burdens alone. Christ has enough strength and love to help us all. And if I let him pull the heaviness alongside me, I find rest and my burdens become light. He will walk beside me and you always if we ask him to.
- Heaven is real, and we WILL see our loved ones again someday.
Comforting Bible Verses
- John 14: 18-- "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
- Psalm 55:22-- "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee."
- Matthew 11: 28-30-- "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest until your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Resources for Those Struggling with Grief
- Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss by Chuck DeKlyen and Pat Schwiebert
- I love this picture book. A beautiful, simple parable accessible for all ages, educating readers about the grief process, and granting permission for each person to grieve individually, uniquely.
- The Gateway We Call Death by Russell M. Nelson
- President Nelson, a world renowned surgeon and special witness of Christ, provides a better understanding of death from both medical and theological points of view. An excellent source for questions about death and the after-life.
- The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox
- If ever we need reassurance of Christ's love and power to heal, it's when we are grieving. With love and a touch of humor, Brother Wilcox reminds us that the Savior can and will do all he has promised and that he'll be with us continually.
- "How Firm a Foundation," Hymns #85, particularly verses 3, 4, 5, & 7
- This is Krista's favorite hymn for strength during trials
- "A Gaelic Blessing," by John Rutter, performed by the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square
- When I need peace, I often listen to this beautiful song.
- We Can Live With God Again, YouTube Video
- Krista and her husband were blessed to participate in this church video about our belief that life continues after we die, and that we will be reunited with our loved ones.
Connect with Krista
- Facebook: Krista Walker Isaacson
- Instagram: @kristamisaacson
#tamarakanderson #storiesofhopeinhardtimes #podcast #hope #God #hardtimes #braintumor #death #deathofchild #faith #angels #courage #prayer
You can access the complete show notes and the transcript for today's podcast here: https://www.tamarakanderson.com/podcasts/krista-isaacson-courageously-trusting-god-with-heavy-burdens