Manage episode 302965453 series 2909911
We're headed back to the early 1900s with MM's story this week (spoiler alert: and next week!) with the story of the Three Sisters in Black - Caroline Martin, Mary Snead, and Virginia Wardlaw - and the many mysterious deaths surrounding them. Buckle up, y'all, this is the background part of the story and it is a doozy with ousin marriage, cashing in on suspicious life insurance policies, Kim Kardashian Met Gala vibes, and murder durdur.
NOTE: At the beginning of the episode, MM and Katy are talking about the incredibly tragic Gabby Petito case. This was recorded before her remains were found and before any of the developments this week.
- Blurriest Schmoojee: https://bit.ly/3EMD2Fo
- Casey Cep, "Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud, and the Last Trial of Harper Lee": https://bit.ly/2XBmj6G
- Norman Zierold, "Three Sisters in Black: The Bizarre True Case of the Bathtub Tragedy": https://amzn.to/3kADDlr
- Heather Monroe, "The Slow Death of Ocey Snead": https://bit.ly/3EMe3Sg
- Roanoke Times, "Three sisters and their haunting history": https://bit.ly/3AyLIfV
Get in touch:
Instagram and Twitter | @winetimespod
MM | @truecrimewine69
Katy | @katyhoss