Manage episode 298463694 series 2584119
If you had the chance to grill the CEO, what questions would you ask? Ian Hunter is Founder and Managing Partner at Hunter Value Capital. Ian meets with 50-100 CEOs each year in US tech, software, crypto, healthcare and consumer products sectors to evaluate their investment potential for Hunter Value Capital's micro-cap strategy.
“It's easy to hone in on companies with good cultures when you see that one CEO who is willing to admit that things have not gone well. You see that in great athletic coaches that are very frank about where the team is not doing well.”
Blog Post for this episode https://www.sharesforbeginners.com/blog/huntervalue
Here are some resources that will help you on your investing path:
- When you’re ready to go beyond ETFs, learn from the master - Tony Kynaston’s Quality at Value. Sign up with code SFB for 20% discount. https://qavpodcast.com.au/register-3/
- Track your portfolio & save heaps on accounting fees with Sharesight. https://www.sharesight.com/au/sharesforbeginners
- Get your first trade free at Boring but Beautiful investing platform Pearler. Sign up with this link: https://pearler.com/home?deal=sharesforbeginners
- Interested in US stocks? I subscribe to 7investing to see their favourite stock market opportunities. Save $10 off your first month with this promotional offer or enter the coupon code stocksforbeginners when you sign up
- I use Aussie Broadband for my NBN. They’re great! Especially their local Aussie support and reasonable rates. Receive $50 off your first bill when you sign up with this referral code: 952465
Disclosure: The links provided are affiliate links. I will be paid a commission if you use this link to make a purchase. You will also usually receive a discount by using these links/coupon codes. I only recommend products and services that I use and trust myself.
Shares for Beginners is for information and educational purposes only. It isn’t financial advice, and you shouldn’t buy or sell any investments based on what you’ve heard here. Any opinion or commentary is the view of the speaker only not Shares for Beginners. This podcast doesn’t replace professional advice regarding your personal financial needs, circumstances or current situation
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.