Manage episode 303204710 series 2824029
- Hi, to our lovely True Crimer's, thanks for listening and please help us spread the word by telling your friends and family about us.
- This week Kim is covering an American convicted murderer and body snatcher.
- Ed received widespread attention in 1957 after Cops discovered he had exhumed corpses from local graveyards and made trophies and keepsakes from their bones and skin.
- Gein also confessed to killing two women:
- tavern owner Mary Hogan in 1954 and hardware store owner Bernice Worden in 1957.
- Gein was initially found unfit to stand trial and confined to a mental health facility. By 1968, he was judged competent to stand trial;
- he was found guilty of the murder of Worden,
- but he was found legally insane and was remanded to a psychiatric institution.
- He died at Mendota Mental Health Institute of respiratory failure, on July 26, 1984, aged 77.
- He is buried next to his family in the Plainfield Cemetery, in a now-unmarked grave.
- This guy had a difficult childhood and grew up to be totally depraved.
- Definitely Mummy issues and a whole lot more to go along with that.
- listen to all of the sordid things that he did and created if your stomach can take it.
- have a listen kick back and get ready to have your mind blown by the depravity of mankind.
- Please take care and stay safe, Love Steph and Kim xx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein https://murderpedia.org/male.G/g/gein-edward.htm https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/real-life-psycho-ed-gein-dies https://allthatsinteresting.com/ed-gein-house
Photographs and additional reading.
trigger warning: the first 2 links have graphic crime scene photos, they have mutilated corpses etc
Find us at:
Email us at: email@example.com
Patreon: see below
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/user?u=45582970)