Manage episode 246187892 series 1143324
Technically PVP Show Notes
Episode 91 - BlizzCon in Review
12:25 - Upcoming WoW PVP Events
- Resurgent tournaments - http://www.resurgentesb.com/
(Resurgent does not have any upcoming tournaments currently)
- Dalaran Gaming hosts 5v5 1v1 duels. So teams of 5 that 1v1 duel (pokemon style?). Keep an eye out - https://twitter.com/dalaran_rogue
- Flark’s RBG Tournies happening every weekend - join his discord for announcements
15:57 - Subject of Analysis
Today we will discuss, Blizzcon..
New Expansion - Shadowlands. Pre-purchase now. Release sometime in 2020.
- New content - new lands. Very different from what we have seen in Azeroth.
- Not factions; covenants (4). Grant powers after you allege with them (1 generic, 1 class specific).
- Soulbinds - bind to a soul for another new ability/aura/something
- Level squish
- The Maw (deadly open-world zone) and The Tower (ever changing dungeon 1-5 person exp)
- Building Legendaries - moving towards deterministic gearing?
- Nothing PVP specific
- +18 keys with 4 affixes
- 2 days; 1 day streamed slog fest through mythic dungeons
- Culminated in an awesome Method v Method race
- Check out post-competition interview https://youtu.be/hZCXzgfc8SI
- Unitas v Unitas started the day
- C9 v Wildcard Gaming
- Method Black v Wildcard gaming (grand finals)
- 2 days of arenas (1 day streamed)
- Some amazing matches
- Check out post-competition interview https://youtu.be/zRcaY_tV_b8
- Q: How do you choose between aesthetic of a covenant as opposed to min maxing the best covenant, especially for PvP?
- A: Lots of things can be tuned - we kind of took the outlook that choosing a covenant is like choosing a class - lots of viability but choice has to matter. The active abilities is one thing but the soulbinds, etc count. This should be taken as a whole but also there will be lots of tuning knobs. We will not hesitate to disable things in PvP (i.e. Curse of Doom in Classic).
1:17:41 - WOW PVP NEWS
- Hotfixes - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23164374/hotfixes-november-8-2019
- Classic - removal of layers 12 Nov (today)
- Classic phase 2 - Starts 14 Nov (honour point system and world bosses)
In this segment, we challenge you the listener to do something different in game. Each episode we will give a new challenge. After you have completed the challenge, write in to firstname.lastname@example.org with your experience.
Last week’s challenge was: Play an arena match fully on the offensive!
- To the GCDTV team - For rocking the content!
- DrBush the Mage! - for recognizing Andallyn in LFG!
- Skoodie - Bladefist (NA) - for the email!
Eiya - https://twitter.com/EiyaWoW
Andallyn - https://twitter.com/Andallyn1244
Windstead - https://twitter.com/windstead84