Manage episode 274712791 series 2042468
It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won’t you join us as Host Erin Moon studies the life of the beloved Mister Rogers? There is no one better to remind us of our own capacity for human kindness than this modern-day disciple, and in today’s episode we’ll learn the true meaning of compassion and how to be a neighbor.
- The Good Neighbor by Maxwell King
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor Documentary
- Daniel Striped Tiger
- Mark 10:13-16
- “Can You Say...Hero?” by Tom Junod
- “Saint Fred” by Jonathan Merritt
- Mister Rogers Lifetime Achievement Speech
- The Tonight Show with Mister Rogers
- The Shema
- Leviticus 19:18
- Henri Nouwen
- François Clemmons
- Jesus and John Wayne by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
- 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Neighbors - This American Life
- Matthew 25:31-46
Resident Bible Scholar Erin Moon is a Bible study editor and Senior Creative/Producer at The Popcast Media Group from Birmingham. Find her on Instagram.
BIBLE BINGE SEMINARY
Our Patreon supporters can get full access to ad free Bible Binge Classic episodes, Bible Scholar QTNAs, monthly Sacred Cinema episodes, Faith Adjacent book club, and more! Become a partner.
- Faithful Counseling: Faithful Counseling wants you to start living a happier life TODAY. Visit FaithfulCounseling.com/biblebinge to join the over 500,000 people taking charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional and get 10% off.
- The Bible Binge Seminary: Join more than 1,800 of your fellow Bible Binge listeners in our Patreon community for exclusive content you won’t get anywhere else. Early access to all the regular feed episodes, which are also ad-free on Patreon, expanded Gentle Rebukes, Bible Scholar QTNAs where I answer your burning questions about the Bible, and a monthly edition of our movie deep dive series: Sacred Cinema. This month, we’re also starting the Faith Adjacent Book Club. All this extra content for $5 a month. Seminary doesn’t have to be boring. Come learn more at thebiblebinge.com/patreon.
Check out our other podcast: The Popcast with Knox and Jamie.It's a weekly show about pop culture where we educate on the things that entertain, but don't matter. Here is our suggested Popcast starter playlist.