Manage episode 335015474 series 2503879
If you’re updating your resume right now in the hopes that it will lead you to something better, then it’s time to hear the hard truth…
It’s likely that you’re only perpetuating a cycle of feeling stuck.
People looking for change too often jump straight to updating their resumes. But, if you’re looking to change careers or industries, updating your resume is NOT the answer and will only lead you to feeling stuck.
Today on The Bridge to Fulfillment, Blake reveals why an updated resume won’t fix the problems responsible for your career dissatisfaction. But, there is a proven path if you want to understand you’re unique skills and find more alignment in your life and work.
In this episode, you’ll learn the decision-making criteria she uses in order to know if a resume update is enough, and how to know if what you’re looking for is a more holistic approach. You’ll gain deeper insight into your level of career satisfaction, and hear what the most responsible, right next step might be if you want to reclaim your power in the process.
What You’ll Learn:
- When a simple resume update won’t help you (1:32)
- Why you have to understand your level of job satisfaction (2:21)
- The repercussions when you have a lack of clarity about what you want (3:22)
- The most responsible thing you can do to mitigate risk in your job search (4:40)
- Are you choosing the path of anxiety or the proven path to reclaiming your power? (6:37)
- Most of the time, people think that a resume update is the first or the only solution they need. And that is actually what keeps them stuck. -Blake
- Updating your resume is not going to help you if you can't get past the first interview. -Blake
- Seeking help and guidance to understand where you are, where you're headed, and what optimal paths you have to get where you want to go, is the most responsible thing you can do. -Blake
- A proven path and the ability to take the power back in your life is priceless. -Blake
We can help you do just that.
Get clarity on where you are on your journey to career fulfillment, where you’re headed, optional paths to get there, and the right next step to take.
Start your complimentary, Personalized Career Fulfillment Plan by going to www.thebridgetofulfillment.com/plan
Want free resources to set your job search up for success? You can get them by going to: http://www.thebridgetofulfillment.com/mistakes