Manage episode 339009568 series 2503879
Are you simply going through the motions at work, not really feeling like it’s where you want to be, but afraid to step into something new?
It’s common to stick to what’s comfortable rather than risk the unknown, but what we often don’t realize is that the longer we stay in jobs and careers that make us unhappy…the MORE risk we put ourselves in.
Layoffs, unemployment, and emotional breakdowns are just a few of the risks of inaction.
The good news? You don’t have to wait until you have a breakdown moment to make a change.
Today on The Bridge to Fulfillment, Blake explains why waiting until you hit the breakdown moment is actually putting your job and your wellbeing at risk.
It’s time to ask yourself: Are you moving with the direction of change, or are you fighting against it?
In this episode, you’ll learn how to identify the 5 key signs that your job is at risk. You’ll recognize the physical and emotional symptoms you might be experiencing that are hinting there’s a misalignment between your job and your values. You’ll also understand why you fear change and how you can overcome that fear and find a better career fit and a happier, more fulfilling, life.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to know if you’ve hit your breakdown moment (1:14)
- The 5 key workplace signs that your job is at risk (1:56)
- Personal signs that you’re in the wrong job (2:38)
- How fear of change holds you back from finding more fulfilling work (5:24)
- The reality is that things are always changing. The question becomes, are you moving with the direction of change, or are you fighting it?
- We don't often realize how bad things are until we're right in the middle of a breakdown.
- We stay where we're at because we fear the unknown. But the unknown is just opportunity waiting to be discovered.
- Change doesn't have to be a leap or risky. It can be strategic, planful, intentional. It can be the catalyst to getting everything you want, and maybe even more.
We can help you do just that.
Get clarity on where you are on your journey to career fulfillment, where you’re headed, optional paths to get there, and the right next step to take.
Start your complimentary, Personalized Career Fulfillment Plan by going to www.thebridgetofulfillment.com/plan
Want free resources to set your job search up for success? You can get them by going to: http://www.thebridgetofulfillment.com/mistakes