Manage episode 287523708 series 2846952
A small business in a broom closet transformed into a national chain … John Schnatter’s entrepreneurial journey with Papa John’s Pizza shows that with passion, spirit and a solid idea, anyone can live out the American dream. Schnatter discusses the business' early days, franchising and his formula for success with host Charles Mizrahi.
- An Introduction to Papa John (00:00:00)
- The Early Days (00:02:51)
- Quality and Competition (00:11:05)
- The Entrepreneurial Journey (00:16:34)
- Overcoming Fear and Failure (00:25:06)
- A Hyper-Competitive Market (00:31:05)
- Tailwinds in Business (00:37:46)
- Franchising Papa John’s (00:39:23)
- Industry Experience (00:48:56)
- COVID Pizza Sales (00:51:54)
- The Next Adventure (00:59:31)
John Schnatter — also known as “Papa John” — has pizza in his soul. He made his first pizza when he was just 15 years old. By age 30, Schnatter founded Papa John’s Pizza and ran several stores across the Midwest. But like many successful entrepreneurs, he didn’t stop there. Schnatter decided to walk the talk by transforming his business with better ingredients and service. Despite taking a step back from the company, those same principles still guide him today as he maps out his next adventure.
Don't Forget To...
- Subscribe to my podcast!
- Download this episode to save for later
- Liked this episode? Leave a kind review!
Subscribe to Charles' Alpha Investor newsletter today: https://pro.banyanhill.com/m/1729783