Manage episode 288789059 series 2846952
“We always say we're real news for real people.” In 1998, Chris Ruddy used a small investment to build a media empire. Today, Newsmax Media shares live and breaking news with more than 45 million households every evening. Ruddy discusses Newsmax's reporting approach, Big Tech and the future of media with host Charles Mizrahi.
- An Introduction to Chris Ruddy (00:00:00)
- Sensing a Need (00:02:42)
- Seeing the Difference (00:07:39)
- Real News for Real People (00:13:34)
- Newsmax vs. Fox News (00:17:47)
- Newsmax Reporting (00:21:58)
- Politics Coverage (00:25:36)
- Section 230 Protections (00:31:53)
- Big Tech Monopolies (00:34:51)
After serving as a national correspondent for The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Chris Ruddy started Newsmax Media. The company had humble beginnings as an Internet news provider. But over time, Ruddy took Newsmax on-air — growing viewership across all demographics. Currently, Newsmax is the fourth-largest news channel in the U.S. and can be streamed for free on most smart TVs. As founder and CEO, Ruddy continues to play a crucial role in the company’s success.
Don't Forget To...
- Subscribe to my podcast!
- Download this episode to save for later
- Liked this episode? Leave a kind review!
Subscribe to Charles' Alpha Investor newsletter today: https://pro.banyanhill.com/m/1729783