01.24.23 Medical Debt: Of Ambulances & Nonprofits / Clark’s Radical Traffic Solution
Manage episode 353353322 series 2548171
While recent changes to medical debt credit reporting will help, medical debt accounts for half the negative marks on credit reports, due in part to the medical industry’s resistance to lawful price disclosure under the No Surprises Act - which unfortunately excludes ambulance service. Clark discusses this glaring omission and the role of non-profits in tackling medical debt for consumers. Also, to solve traffic congestion we’re in a never ending quest to widen roads. But in this case, increased supply creates new demand. Clark offers a free market solution.
- Medical Debt: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Clark’s Traffic Solution: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- Half of ambulance rides yield surprise medical bills. What's being done to protect people?
- How nonprofits help millions tackle their medical debt
- How Much Does an MRI Cost (With/Without Health Insurance)?
- Follow Clark Howard's #1 Rule To Travel Cheap
- How To Plan a Trip: Clark's Best Travel Tips To Save Money
- Turo: 5 Things To Know About the Cheap Car Rental Service
- Widening Highways Doesn’t Fix Traffic. So Why Do We Keep Doing It?
- How To Find a Good Moving Company
- Clark.com - Streaming TV
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices