Manage episode 286448942 series 2793280
What is normal? Is it okay to not be “normal”? In today’s society, there are a lot of norms or what we believe to be the standard. These standards cause us to compare and shame ourselves when we don’t fit into the norm. So how can we get past this? Today, in part 3 of our 12-week series, Rachel Brooks and Erin Klein are talking all about what is normal and how to accept you just as you are!
We'll be highlighting:
❥ The spheres of influence around you
❥ The effect social media and TV have on your perceptions
❥ The ideal image of what a woman SHOULD look, act, and be
❥ The comparison “gap” we fall into if not measuring up to others
❥ And so much more!
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
- “I don’t think that’ll change anything until people start being more real.” - Erin
- “It’s almost like the worth is only validated by how we physically look.” - Rachel
- “What is wrong with really owning who we are?” - Rachel
- “The only way to fix it is one person at a time.” - Erin
- It’s literally up to us to recognize that there’s something wrong and then go back and correct course.” - Rachel