Manage episode 358559342 series 3378088
Kyle Worley and Rebecca McLaughlin explore the question, does hypocrisy among Christians discredit Christianity?
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What is hypocrisy? What are we talking about?
- Do you think people are leaving the faith because of some level of hypocrisy?
- How does the Bible help us to think about this?
- Has social media created a stronger gap between the witness of the church and hypocrisy or has it just magnified the gap that already exists?
- How do we engage with people who accuse Christians of hypocrisy?
- Does Christian obedience matter?
- What would you tell someone who said: “I don’t want to be in a community with Christians, because they are all hypocrites?”
- Hypocrisy: A level of inconsistency in what someone says they are, or what they believe, or what they think is right to do; and what they actually do.
- 1 John 2:1, 1 Peter 2:9-15, Luke 8:9-14