Manage episode 340989316 series 3378088
Kyle Worley and Rebecca McLaughlin are joined by author Rachel Gilson to talk about why God cares about who we sleep with.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Rachel, can you share your testimony?
- It seems like a lot of people care about sex and sexuality. Why?
- When you hear the phrase “authentic self,” where does that register with you?
- What is often missing from this conversation?
- Why do we care about the sexual lives of the people around us?
- Now: Christians have to be honest - we have not always been paragons of sexuality, purity, holy pleasure, and principle have we?
- When a christian finds themself in a meaningful relationship with somebody who is living out a sexual ethic that is inconsistent with scripture. Is there ever a time to proactively take a step forward and address it?
- What is the vision that the Bible gives for same sex relationships?
Rachel Gilson is the author of Born Again This Way: Coming Out, Coming to Faith and What Comes Next. In addition, she is on on the leadership team for theological development and culture with Cru college ministry.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- “Born Again This Way: Coming Out, Coming to Faith and What Comes Next” by Rachel Gilson
- “Mere Christianity” by C.S. Lewis
- “Creation Regained” by Albert Wolters
- “Confronting Jesus” by Rebecca McLaughlin
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Training the Church..