Manage episode 273867275 series 2801900
The best experiential events engage ALL five senses, but more often than not, a few of these senses are neglected. Can you guess which ones?
Well, what if I told you that you might just be ignoring the most POWERFUL sense of them all?
Today we’re talking with neuroscientist Leigh Winters to learn all about the power of scent and why it just might be the most important sense for your experience.
Not only is Leigh a neuroscientist but she’s also a natural beauty expert, certified aromatherapist, and founder of her own line, Leigh Winters Beauty.
I’ve gotten to know Leigh through our events in San Francisco and actually worked with her on an aromatherapy meditation for a brand activation we designed and produced. Needless to say, Leigh knows her stuff and I couldn’t help but want to pick her brain about scent as it relates to experience.
Get ready for a little bit of science and a whole lot of inspiration to make your events more impactful and memorable through the use of scent.
Subscribe, Rate & Review:
Are you subscribed to The Experiential Table? If you loved all that you learned in this episode and don’t want to miss our next one, then subscribe!
And if you want to give this new podcast the boost that it needs, please rate and review. It takes less than a minute and can really help this podcast reach more people like you. Thanks so much - it means a lot to us!
- Our FREE guide: 10 Simple Ways to Maximize Event ROI [1:45]
- Getting to know Leigh Winters [2:49]
- The science behind scent [9:35]
- How scent impacts memories [16:48]
- Examples of brands utilizing scent [18:26]
- Recommended scents for different experiences [24:33]
- The future of scent marketing [31:50]
- The most important element of an experience (hint hint, it's not scent!) [41:00]