Manage episode 264638213 series 2648641
"Any of those 400 people that were in that room will remember the screaming match between me and the folks up on that stage." - Mike Papantonio
- What did Mike say to shock a room full of mass tort attorneys?
- Why should young lawyers pick up the phone and call their heroes?
- How did Mike Papantonio and John Morgan end up being roommates?
- Why does Netflix love Mike's cases?
Mike Papantonio: From The Courtroom To Netflix Documentaries
Mike Papantonio is a big name in mass torts not just in his native Florida, but across the US, scoring many multimillion-dollar verdicts throughout his career. Mike's been broadcasting hot legal topics to the masses on his radio show “Ring of Fire” for over 15 years, his show on “America's Lawyer” is viewed internationally, and Netflix has even created documentaries about his cases.
So what makes this attorney's stories so magnetic? We dive deep to discover the man behind the media...
Why America's Lawyer Wants You To Feel Uncomfortable
Pretty early on, Mike knew he wanted to make a new reality in the mass tort world. He was done with class actions, he wanted mass tort lawyers to try cases and elevate the results for their clients. The snag? Just about the entire industry thought he was crazy.
Mike explains why he actively puts people outside their comfort zone on the regular, how he seeks out like-minded peers, and why he's still driving reform year in, year out.
Want To Work With The Best? Pick Up The Phone
Earlier in his career, Mike used to stay up every night calling big-shot attorneys that he wanted to work with, get to know, or just kick ideas around with, and he wants you to do the same. Mary might be a jerk, and maybe Harry's too busy, but someone's going to answer. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain from picking up that phone and going down your list.
- Embrace rejection. Light a fire with failure. If you want to be a game changer, you need the ability to adapt. Mike explains how his door-to-door sales job showed him how to flip failure. Plus, he tells us about the fears that keep him sharp, savvy, and head and shoulders above the competition.
- Niche down or diversify, but stick to your brand. Some lawyers hone in. Others, like Mike, start niche and expand out. He doesn't care what you do, so long as you do you. Mike tells us why brand is king, whether it's TV, radio, billboards, or social media marketing — and gives his top tips on how to work it out.
- The real secret to courtroom success? Tell great stories. From his books to the Netflix documentaries, Mike's storytelling engages readers, viewers, clients, and juries. He explains how you can do the same by applying strategic narrative in your practice.
Links And Resources
- The Game Changing Attorney Podcast
- Michael Mogill Facebook
- Michael Mogill Twitter
- Michael Mogill Instagram
- Michael Mogill LinkedIn
- Crisp Video Website
- Crisp Video Facebook
- Crisp Video Group Twitter
- Crisp Video Instagram
- Crisp Video LinkedIn
- Levin Papantonio Website
- Mike Papantonio Twitter
- Mike Panantonio Website
- Mike Papantonio Linked In