Manage episode 265198116 series 2648641
"One Friday morning, three o'clock in the morning, I got a call that my office was on fire..." - Mike Morse
- How can you fireproof your firm to withstand any type of heat?
- Why is Mike Morse's mom more famous than he is?
- How did Mike become the Cherry Garcia of legal marketing?
- In what way is waiting tables like trying a case?
Getting Fired Was The Best Thing That Happened To Mike Morse
Mike Morse is the founder of Michigan's largest personal injury firm, but he's hit his fair share of hurdles on his journey to the top. Mike categorizes catastrophic events as fires — make or break moments that can spell the end of a career...or be the catalyst for change.
He tells us about two twin tragedies in life — a literal fire and a metaphorical one — and how losing 60% of his cases let him dominate the market.
Why True Visionaries Should Delegate Away All The Bulls***
In 2007, Mike found a mentor in Gino Wickman (featured on Episode 10) who showed him his strength as a visionary-type entrepreneur. Playing to his strengths, he got himself the perfect integrator partner who makes his big ideas a reality.
We hear firsthand about this incredible dynamic, and learn how every attorney can find the inner fire that drives them to succeed — and figure out the complementary style to balance them out for optimal business growth.
The Jumbotron Is Going To Change Your Life
The silver bullet in Mike Morse's chamber is the mega-metering monolith he likes to call the Jumbotron. This seemingly simple tool introduced by his partner John crunches numbers so Mike can crush key performance indicators. And the best news is, he's going to tell you exactly how you can get one yourself.
- Put your people first. Mike based many of his calculated risks on his responsibility to his people. Foster an environment of openness and accountability in your firm and you'll build the trust and loyalty you seek — all while bulletproofing your decision-making process.
- When it comes to marketing, wear your heart on your sleeve. Mike's not saying that everyone should feature their mom in their TV spots, but the only way to cut through the noise is to project an image that is true to you and that dares to be different.
- You can fireproof your firm too. Mike sees his new book “Fireproof” as his way of giving back. He's not afraid of sharing his secrets and educating the competition. In fact, he wishes someone had taught him these lessons when he was a young attorney.
Links And Resources
- The Game Changing Attorney Podcast
- Michael Mogill Facebook
- Michael Mogill Twitter
- Michael Mogill Instagram
- Michael Mogill LinkedIn
- Crisp Video Website
- Crisp Video Facebook
- Crisp Video Group Twitter
- Crisp Video Instagram
- Crisp Video LinkedIn
- Mike Morse Law Firm Website
- Mike Morse LinkedIn
- Fireproof: A Five-Step Model to Take Your Law Firm from Unpredictable to Wildly Profitable