Manage episode 348464485 series 3400591
You’re probably familiar with the terms “Employee” and “Independent Contractor.” But what do they actually mean? And does it really matter who you hire for your small business?
The short answer to that second question is YES!
It absolutely does matter. Even for small businesses.
As an HR pro who’s been doing this for over 16 years, I can tell you, I see hiring employees and contractors being done wrong more often than I see it being done the right way.
In this episode of The Impact Ripple, I’m breaking down the differences between hiring employees and contractors to help you better understand the different types of workers that are available and when to hire each type in your business.
We’ll talk through the legal side of hiring and some practical steps you can take to keep you and your business out of hot water as you hire.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What’s the difference between Employees and Contractors
- Why worker classification is such a big deal
- The one common factor to help make determining worker classification as simple as possible
- Some practical steps you can take to keep you and your business out of hot water as you hire
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Hiring VIP Day
- The Ripple Collective
- Should I Hire an Employee or Independent Contractor? (blog post)
- The Hiring Roadmap (free download)
P.S. Apply now for the Jan 2023 cohort of The Ripple Collective!
TRC is a highly curated group mentorship program uniquely designed to teach you how to create a profitable, sustainable, and impactful team through compassionate and intentional leadership – and to do it in the company of a high-level community!