Assessing Your Inner Child’s Wants & Needs
Manage episode 352821224 series 2870761
What does it mean to shift a relationship that’s just not working? How do we reestablish independence and access our gifts while carrying childhood trauma?
This listener and I are breaking down these questions and assessing the state of her marriage in today’s Language of Love Session. It’s not uncommon for some people in long-term relationships to feel like their independence is tied to the presence of a partner – we almost revert to a child-like sense of ourselves. But we must teach our inner child to speak up for their wants and needs, so tune in to discover the valuable tips I offer this listener!
In today’s Session, we explore:
- The state of her marriage
- The trauma we carry into our relationships
- Reestablishing independence as adults
- How to integrate the wants and needs of our inner child into our lives
- Why a somatic therapist can help
- Releasing generational trauma
- How our souls choose our family of origin
- Tips to cultivate connection and access our gifts
We have to work through our fear and resistance to move toward love and intimacy. Check out my website for more information on how you can begin this journey!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices