Manage episode 322253212 series 2901614
My guest for this episode is Cara Wheatley-McGrain Hay House author, Mindset coach, and Educational Consultant.
Cara founded The Mindful Gut project on a mission to inspire 1 million people to become the custodians of their gut microbiome and she joins me to talk about her book “Calm your gut, a mindful and compassionate guide to healing IBD and IBS.
In this episode:
- Cara shares her story of living with Ulcerated Colitis, from her teenage years to almost losing her colon in her early 20s.
- How the shock of being so seriously ill led her to be curious about her colon and discover the changes she needed to make to prevent it from being cut out.
- Getting to know her gut, the science and the spirituality.
- Intuitive and mindful eating
- How our diet impacts our gut health
- How our gut bacteria are critical to our health and wellbeing
- The many problems of a long-term Western diet
- The global impact of the Western diet
- 1 in 5 women will have an issue with IBS
- The symptoms of IBS and IBD
- The increasing spread of IBS in Teens
- The powerful political statements we make every time we go shopping
- The dark side of the food industry
- How we used to cook and eat vs how we cook and eat today
- Understanding the importance of how we choose to prepare and cook food on our health and wellbeing
- The benefits of a kitchen disco.
- Honouring and becoming the caretakers and custodians of our inner and outer world.
Cara’s book choice