Manage episode 331863596 series 2887243
As always, this episode is hosted by Maxwell Baker, the co-founder of The MHP Broker, and brought to you by our proprietary Community Price Maximizer. Use our four-step system through which we’ll help you sell your mobile home park or RV community and guarantee you a higher price. Ask us for details.
Here Are Show Highlights:
- The MHP Broker’s Paul Schaaf recently closed on SC 7-Pad Mobile Home Park, a mobile home park in Greenville, SC. (Max, 00:22)
- Paul had an existing relationship with the ownership group, having both bought and sold properties for them in the past, so they called him when they wanted to deal. (Paul, 00:59)
- Paul’s clear understanding of the seller and the transparency shared with him about the park made it easier for him to find a buyer and transact a sale. (Paul, 1:59)
- There was one challenge that could have been more of an obstacle if Paul didn’t have the respect of both parties. A park-owned home was in bad shape that had to be rehabbed before the sale. The work wasn’t able to be undertaken by the time of the buyer’s on-site tour due to COVID complications, but it was completed afterwards. Paul was able to send photos of the work, and that was enough for the buyer since they’d obviously grown to trust him. Other than that, everything went smoothly. (Paul, 2:21)
- It was an off-market deal. That’s only about 15 percent of The MHP Broker’s deals, but it’s becoming more of a trend in the market today. (Max, 3:10)
SC 7-Pad Mobile Home Park represents a good example of how quick and easy an off-market deal can when brokers know what they’re doing and have earned a position of trust. Let us help you sell your park, whether off-market or on. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or give Maxwell Baker a call at 678-932-0200.
Power Quotes on This Episode:
(Regarding working within an established business relationship) “We knew each other and trusted each other right away. And we were able to pretty much find the right buyer, because we understood the ins and outs of the seller, and how they've improved the park, understood their books and records, and could paint a clear and sound picture for the buying party.” (Paul, 1:54)
(On completing rehab of a home and getting sign-off without the buyer actually seeing the work.) “...we have gained a level of trust with the buy side and the sell side that, hey, these are the pictures the job (that) has been completed and everyone signed off on it.
So it was that level of agreement that we were able to surpass that hurdle of a home that needed work.” (Paul, 2:21)
“I'd say 15% of what we normally do is off market. But as the market is changing, y'all,we've obviously got to adapt, so we're seeing a lot more off-market opportunities.” (Max, 3:10)