Manage episode 288826134 series 1460512
In The Month In Pensions for March 2021, Ian Chapman-Curry looks at the wave of consultations that have been released by government departments and The Pensions Regulator.
In this month's interview, Liz Wood explains the impact that the Pension Schemes Act 2021 will have on employers that sponsor defined benefit pension schemes.
We also look over some of the other developments that have made the headlines in the world of pensions in March 2021, including:
- TPR launches consultation on draft single code of practice - Click here for TPR's ‘New code of practice consultation’ (17 March 2021).
- DWP consults on information gathering powers - Click here for the DWP's consultation ‘Strengthening The Pension Regulator’s Powers: Contribution Notice and Information Gathering Powers Regulations 2021’ (18 March 2021).
- TPR consults on employer resources test regulations - Click here for the DWP’s consultation ‘Strengthening The Pension Regulator’s Powers: Contribution Notice and Information Gathering Powers Regulations 2021’ (18 March 2021).
- DWP consults on diversification of DC investment portfolios - Click here for DWP’s consultation ‘Incorporating performance fees within the charge cap’ (18 March 2021).
- TPR issues its revised 15 year strategy for the future - Click here for TPR’s strategy paper ‘TPR Strategy: Pensions of the future’ (10 March 2021).
- No surprises for pensions in the March Budget statement - Click here for HM Treasury’s Budget 2021 documents webpage.
Then we take a quick look at what is coming down the tracks for pensions in April 2021.
NOT LEGAL ADVICE Information made available as part of this update or on our website in any form is for information purposes only. It is not, and should not be taken as, legal advice. You should not rely on, or take or fail to take any action based upon this information. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking legal advice because of something you have read on this website. Gowling WLG professionals will be pleased to discuss resolutions to specific legal concerns you may have.