Manage episode 275458328 series 1460512
In The Month In Pensions for October 2020, we join The Pensions Regulator in gazing into the future and consider what the world of pensions will be like in 15 years' time.
See The Pension Regulator's 'Pensions of the future - a discussion on our strategy (16 October 2020)': https://bit.ly/3owKcp6
Also covered in this month's edition are:
- DWP gives green light to standardised simpler annual benefit statements for DC auto enrolment pension schemes (See the DWP’s response to its consultation ‘Simpler annual benefit statements for workplace pensions’: https://bit.ly/3kEp7GY);
- PPF consults on the 2021/22 levy (See the PPF’s consultation ‘Have your say on our 2021/22 levy rules’: https://bit.ly/3mraS8D);
- Public sector exit payment caps to come into force (See our insight ‘Public sector exit cap in force from 4 November 2020 (15 October 2020)’: https://bit.ly/3dZW91z);
- TPR publishes new guidance on superfunds (See TPR's guidance 'Superfund guidance for prospective ceding trustees and employers (21 October 2020)’: https://bit.ly/35y6X3a);
- Action Fraud reveals extent of pension scam activity in wake of COVID-19; and
- ECJ decides on VAT and pension management services case (See the full text in the judgment of United Biscuits (Pensions Trustees) Ltd. and another v Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs (C‑235/19): https://bit.ly/2TvuDiW).
We also look forward to some of the developments to expect in November 2020.
This podcast and its accompanying transcript are also available on our website: https://bit.ly/3kKzp88
Find out more about the Gowling WLG Pensions team here: https://bit.ly/3jvtmTx
We regularly talk about a broad range of topics that may be of interest to you. Register for an account on our website to receive our latest articles, podcasts and webinars: https://bit.ly/34us0V1