Manage episode 302407204 series 2974086
“Consider, too, what an unequaled mental training the child-naturalist is getting for any study or calling under the sun -the powers of attention, of discrimination, of patient pursuit, growing with his growth, what will they not fit him for?”Charlotte Mason, Vol. 1, Home Education Show Summary:
- Today’s guest is Lynn Seddon, author of the nature study resource Exploring Nature with Children
- How Lynn first stumbled upon Charlotte Mason home education
- What are we talking about when we say “nature study”?
- How Lynn became interested in nature study
- What about living in places where it seems challenging to find nature to study?
- How do you make time to get outside every day?
- What do you see as benefits to nature study?
- What is your favorite season in England?
- What is a Calendar of Firsts?
- What do you use for your own nature notebook?
- Why Lynn decided to write Exploring Nature with Children
- What about those who feel they are not good at drawing?
- What would you tell a new homeschool parent coming to Charlotte Mason for the first time?
Home Education by Charlotte Mason
Ourselves by Charlotte Mason
Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv