Manage episode 280109288 series 2543942
Third time appears to be the charm. After seeing the football get pulled away from investors after Q1 and Q2 earnings, Slack and PagerDuty brought much cheer to shareholders, in the spirit of the holiday season. Slack has agreed to a deal with Salesforce.com and PagerDuty reported another solid quarter that finally woke the market up to its consistent growth opportunity.
We break down all that news. To do so, we bring on previous guests Jens Schumacher, CPO at Sajari, and Justen Stepka, co-founder of Enterprise Fund, both Atlassian alums, as well as Rich, a cloud CRM CEO.Topics Covered
- 3:00 minute mark - Initial reactions to the deal
- 16:00 - How does this fit into Salesforce?
- 21:00 - Slack's future development as part of a bigger company
- 29:30 - Was this a defensive move for CRM, especially for pricing?
- 43:30 - Who loses in this deal? Zendesk, e.g. and Microsoft
- 49:00 - How big a deal was (and how hard was it to make) Slack Connect?
- 54:00 - Who else should have bought Slack? Google and Zoom discussion
- 1:05:00 - PagerDuty Earnings recap
- 1:15:00 - When does ServiceNow make their play? And breaking down the integration issues and what that means for a moat.