Manage episode 273752664 series 2513884
Today’s guest is Musical Theatre singer, vocal coach, former American Idol Contestant and queen of riffing Natalie Weiss.
Natalie opens up about her recent experience with a vocal haemorrhage while working on an off-broadway show. She also chats with Beth about what she thinks makes a great voice and how she deals with the insecurity of working in the musical theatre industry.
Podcast Episode Highlights:
- 01.26 - What is Natalie’s worst ever job?
- 02.03 - What was Natalie Weiss’ journey into the arts?
- 04.22 - How have nodules affected Natalie?
- 05.41 - Why does Natalie prefer coaching to singing now?
- 06.26 - What was Natalie’s American Idol experience?
- 07.16 - Breaking down the riffs
- 08.30 - Can anyone learn to riff?
- 10.02 - What makes a great singer?
- 10.21 - Natalie opens up about having a vocal haemorrhage
- 11.31 - Quickfire round
- 12.20 - Fun fact on Melisma
- 14.13 - What is success to Natalie Weiss? Does she ever doubt herself?
- 15.30 - Does Natalie read her Youtube comments?
- 16.38 - What personality traits does Natalie think have been helpful to her in her coaching/singing?
- 17.47 - What advice does Natalie have for anyone dealing with anxiety?
- 19.48 - What type of voice or personality make the ideal student?
- 21.20 - What does Natalie consider her greatest accomplishment?
- 21.55 - Biggest challenge?
- 23.00 - Can Natalie switch off her coaching brain when she goes to shows?
- 23.30 - If Natalie could have a new quality or ability, what would it be?
- 24.00 - Advice for people in the entertainment industry
- Beth Roars: Website YouTube Instagram Twitter Facebook Patreon
- Natalie Weiss: Website YouTube Instagram Facebook Twitter
- Madonna, Billy Joel, Janet Jackson, Tori Kelly
- Pennstate University
- Greatest love of all - Whitney Houston
- Peter Pan, Les Mis, Dreamgirls
- American Idol
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.