This is the audio podcast version of Troy Hunt's weekly update video published here: https://www.troyhunt.com/tag/weekly-update/
Manage episode 293065631 series 2441665
על ידי Jared Rimer התגלה על ידי Player FM והקהילה שלנו - זכויות היוצרים שמורות למפרסם, לא ל-Player FM, והשמע מוזרם ישירות מהשרתים שלכם. הירשמו כדי לעקוב אחר עדכונים ב-Player FM, או הדביקו את כתובת העדכונים באפליקציות פודקאסט אחרות.
Welcome to the Security box, podcast 44. On this episode of the program, its time to make sure we're all caught up on Windows Update and what may be important to you. Next, we'll talk about a task force that hopes to disrupt ransomware payments. We're not done with Experian yet, and we'll have a things to ponder on this particular article I read about their API which is apparently disabled for at least one vendor. We'll also have news, notes, commentary and questions from listeners if any, and yes, even podcast listeners can join the fun. Podcast listeners can dial 623-263-8934 to leave a voice message, just follow the prompts. Email, Imessage, text and whatsapp are all given throughout the show.
Windows UpdateWindows Update is back, and Microsoft has given us only 54 different patches, but a lot of them are critical. 13 of them were from the ZDI program from Trend Micro.
Things to ponderLooks like Experian is still being talked about. In this Things to Ponder, Experian API Exposed Credit Scores of Most Americans is the article which we'll be picking apart as your things to ponder.
A true story of a telephone number not to call and why Jennifer is now along with a very interesting story, with a very interesting twist and yes, it is a true story.
A task force that is out there to disrupt ransomwareI'm happy to read articles like this one, and I want to talk about it as part of the program. Its not too old, but its something of value to all of us. KrebsOnSecurity has the details. Task Force Seeks to Disrupt Ransomware Payments is the article to read.
- Four men plead guilty to being go-to ‘bulletproof’ hosts for cybercriminals Cyberscoop
- Fintech Startup Offers $500 for Payroll Passwords Krebs on Security
- A Closer Look at the DarkSide Ransomware Gang Krebs on Security
- Ransomware Playbook: Defense in Depth Strategies to Minimize Impact Phishlabs
- DarkSide Ransomware Gang Quits After Servers, Bitcoin Stash Seized Krebs on Security
- Stop Ransomware Groups Who Weaponize Legitimate Tools Trend Micro
- Worried About Ransomware? Turn on MFA Last pass