This is the audio podcast version of Troy Hunt's weekly update video published here: https://www.troyhunt.com/tag/weekly-update/
Manage episode 298122086 series 2441665
על ידי Jared Rimer התגלה על ידי Player FM והקהילה שלנו - זכויות היוצרים שמורות למפרסם, לא ל-Player FM, והשמע מוזרם ישירות מהשרתים שלכם. הירשמו כדי לעקוב אחר עדכונים ב-Player FM, או הדביקו את כתובת העדכונים באפליקציות פודקאסט אחרות.
Hello everyone, welcome to the security box, podcast 53. On this edition, we'll be talking about some of the things that articles talk about in regards to Windows Update that came out the week of July 16, 2021. Seems like we had good success with last week where we opened the phone lines for others to participate in an open forum, so we'll do that again and see what happens and if people participate or not. You can always comment after the fact by calling our voice mail line at 602-887-5198 and letting me know you want your comments aired. We'll also have some news notes and maybe a discussion on those as well.
Windows UpdateHere are the articles that deal with Windows Update. One is by Trend Micro and one is done by Brian Krebs from Krebs on Security.
- July Patch Tuesday: DNS Server, Exchange Server Vulnerabilities Cause Problems Trend Micro
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday, July 2021 Edition Krebs on Security
Sans News bites
- Sans News bites for July 15, 2021 Sans Institute
News Notes from around the web>
- REvil ransomware gang sites go dark, for reasons that remain unclear Cyberscoop
- Senate confirms former White House, NSA official Jen Easterly as CISA director after delay Cyberscoop
- Facebook catches Iranian spies catfishing US military targets Ars Technica
- Morgan Stanley discloses data breach that resulted from Accellion FTA hacks Ars Technica
- day gave Chinese hackers privileged access to customer servers Hackers IDed Ars Technica