This is the audio podcast version of Troy Hunt's weekly update video published here: https://www.troyhunt.com/tag/weekly-update/
The Security box, podcast 57: the name game of Ransomware Gangs, Windows Update, and CSAM and apple products
Manage episode 300371526 series 2441665
על ידי Jared Rimer התגלה על ידי Player FM והקהילה שלנו - זכויות היוצרים שמורות למפרסם, לא ל-Player FM, והשמע מוזרם ישירות מהשרתים שלכם. הירשמו כדי לעקוב אחר עדכונים ב-Player FM, או הדביקו את כתובת העדכונים באפליקציות פודקאסט אחרות.
Welcome to the security box, podcast 57. We have three topics for you today, and I hope that you will enjoy them. The first topic for this podcast will be talking about the name game of the ransomware gangs we have out there. The second topic which was totally forgotten is of course Windows Update and what is happening with that operating system. Finally, probably the most contravercial topic we have to date, Apple and how they're handling the images that people may have that are backed up in to icloud that deal with children and the potential of abusive images of a sexual nature. We will also have news notes and commentary as well, buckle up as you don't know what'll happen with these topics! The program may contain adult content, and listener disgression is advised.
- Ransomware Gangs and the Name Game Distraction Krebs On Security
- Windows Update
- August Patch Tuesday: A Quiet Month for Microsoft Trend Micro
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday, August 2021 Edition Krebs On Security
- Apple says it will refuse gov’t demands to expand photo-scanning beyond CSAM Ars Technica
News and Notes from around the landscapeThe following are items that will be linked here and discussed in news notes for this week. There may be items that are not article related that may not be shown here in the notes.
- Courts order handover of breach forensic reports in trend welcomed by consumers, feared by defendants Cyberscoop
- Phishing Sites Targeting Scammers and Thieves Krebs On Security
- Four years after FBI shut it down, AlphaBay dark web marketplace claims it's back in business Cyberscoop
- European police round up 23 suspected scammers accused of $1.2 million fraud Cyberscoop
- Two members of QQAAZZ, which laundered funds from cybercrime, plead guilty Cyberscoop
- Detecting PrintNightmare Exploit Attempts using Trend Micro Vision One and Cloud One Trend Micro
- Hospitals hamstrung by ransomware are turning away patients Ars Technica