Manage episode 294589237 series 2855655
Do you pay attention to your energy levels throughout the day? Sure you may need that cup of coffee in the morning but what about after lunch, or even just midway through your work day? Maybe it was your lunch, or you didn’t get much sleep, or perhaps your body has been running on fumes much much longer than you think.
Today we have a really awesome guest, and friend of the show Shawn Tolleson! Shawn was a professional Major League Baseball player whose active but stressful lifestyle lead to a breakdown of his body. This lead him to become a health advisor and found Tolleson Health Advisors a business that helps people “turn back the clock” in their bodies by process of working with their body, not against it. Shawn talks about his time in the MLB and how the fast pace, short sprinted workouts, and long periods of stiff rest caused a life that had no energy and was painful.
We discuss the importance of true deep sleep, how to be more aware of what your body is reacting to and the power our bodies have through healing itself. Shawn has insight into our bodies natural rhythms that often get upset due to work, stress, diet, and lack of sleep and how regulating these areas can give you major improvement in your physical and cognitive health. You’ll learn some tips on how you can give your body the exercize it needs, using active recovery, how to get the best sleep, and how fasting can change your body for the better.
Listen in as Shawn discusses the heart behind Tolleson Health Advisors and his mission to spread as much of his knowledge to as many people as possible so that they can live a life free of pain without breaking the bank. With unlimited potential comes great responsibility, Shawn exemplifies this take on responsibility and talks about the importance of your why and how your potential can be used to make a difference in other people’s lives.
To connect with Shawn, learn more about Tolleson Health Advisors or other things we talked about in this episode check out the links below or text SHAWN to 77513!
More Of What We Cover
- Shawn’s time as a professional baseball player
- The importance of physical recovery
- The toll that traveling takes on your body
- The number one thing you can do for your body
- Why you shouldn’t over exercise yourself
- How to actively recover
- Tips to have the best sleep possible
- The impact pain has on your sleep cycle
- Understanding the capabilities of your body
- Finding your reason to be in optimal health
- Working out for functionality not aesthetics
- And much more!
Private Facebook Community:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 Sneak peek into today’s episode
- 0:50 Get to know Shawn Tolleson
- 3:02 What is your definition of athleticism
- 6:40 How Hollywood portrays the game of baseball
- 9:30 How Shawn decided to go all in on baseball
- 12:46 The importance of recovery and sleep
- 18:03 Exercise, but don’t over-exercise.
- 22:12 How to get better sleep
- 30:18 Healing post trama
- 36:13 From the big leagues to entrepreneurship
- 39:55 Shawn’s passion for selfless health
- 46:58 Why Shawn never goals are never results-driven
- 49:45 Don’t make your laugh harder
- 53:33 The core pillars Shawn runs his life on
- 57:41 There is a purpose for everything
- 1:02:13 One thing every dad should do
- 1:03:53 The real power of fasting