Manage episode 306220194 series 2855655
They say that “quitters never win” but in the case of failing forward, one of the best things you can do is know when to give up on an idea.
Welcome back to the Unlimited Potential Show! Today is part two in a two-part series on “Failing Fast”. If you haven’t had a chance to listen to part one yet we encourage you to go listen to episode 43 and follow up here!
How do you fail your way to success? Well, the short answer is to just try. But before you get overwhelmed, failing doesn’t have to mean a life-altering decision. It may take some courage sure, but it’s the little failures that ensure our road to success. We talk about the sunk cost fallacy and why the work you’ve already put into a project shouldn’t be a factor when making decisions for your ideas. You’ll gain insight into how you can use this to help save you time, frustration, and even money.
Join us as we discuss the balance that you can maintain in your life while also failing fast, and how you can use the small failures to accelerate you towards your goal. You’ll get a look into the principles that brought success to some of the biggest names out there, as well as what we can learn from children about failing fast and having fun with it. We have practical tips on how you can apply this framework to your life, job, or any challenge that comes your way.
This episode will leave you feeling inspired and motivated to go out and fail as fast as possible. So gather your courage and take the leap because just on the other side is the potential you’ve been looking for.
For more resources or to join our private Facebook community, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The sunk cost fallacy
- Making small changes to fail fast on
- Finding the sweet spot of responsibility and fulfillment
- The importance of staying curious
- Pushing the edge by asking questions
- Living with a deep “why” and the curiosity outlook
- Seeing failure as fun
- Being uncommitted to an idea and staying flexible
- Focusing on the feedback and not the failure
- How you can apply a failing fast methodology to anything
- And much more!
Private Facebook Community:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 - A look into the episode
- 1:35 - Conversation starts
- 7:22 - How Dr. Phil made his career
- 12:25 - Finding the right balance
- 16:56 - How curiosity can manifest in your life
- 21:10 - Learning from kids and marshmallows
- 26:35 - Applying this mindset to your job
- 31:21 - How stand-up comedians find their mark
- 36:49 - The framework of failing fast
- 41:15 - How to test with foolproof results
- 44:59 - Closing thoughts