Manage episode 303204414 series 2792654
“Eating local food is fundamental in building a more sustainable world.”
- Amy McCann
Locally grown food helps with reducing ecological effects in our community, offers good health benefits to people, and offers significant economic opportunities to communities. helps with reducing ecological effects in our community.
Regional or community markets demonstrated their importance to the US food supply chain during the recent pandemic, and they are thankfully gaining ground. And this is what Local Food Marketplace aims to uphold, promote and support.
In this episode, I’m joined by Amy McCann, founder, and CEO of Local Food Marketplace. Amy describes how her company supports farmers with online dashboards they can access from the field. She shares how the pandemic impacted her business, how they handled the increased demand for their products, and how they are bringing traditional eCommerce tools to farmers that specifically address the way farmers manage their businesses.
Local Food Marketplace started small just like how most farms start, but they’ve had a great deal of success because of the great customer relationships that they’ve developed from the very beginning. Because they come from a farming background, they are committed to creating products that help farmers grow their businesses as well as growing local, sustainable food.
Join us in Episode 33 to learn more about Local Food Marketplace, understand their vision, and how they are making a difference for small farm businesses.
Virginia Foodie Essentials:
- Local food should be run by local people. - Amy McCann
- Farming is a labor-intensive industry but it also gives back some pretty immediate results and you can kind of see the results of your labor. - Georgiana Dearing
- It’s important to provide visibility on what's happening on the business side so that they can make good decisions on the production side and make adjustments. - Amy McCann
Key Points From This Episode:
- The shift to e-commerce because of the global pandemic
- Connecting farms, farmer's markets, and food hubs
- What an onboarding team does
- Benefits of Email marketing
- One app to help farmers manage their supply, harvest, and packing operations
- Learning about marketing, business, how to increase sales
- What are the key levers to sales growth?
- How Local Food Marketplace is funded
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Local Food Marketplace
- Local Food Marketplace Instagram
- Local Food Marketplace Facebook
- Amy McCann LinkedIn
More about the Guest:
Amy McCann is the founder and CEO of Local Food Marketplace, a tech company that is on a mission to increase the amount of food purchased and eaten locally by providing technology and services to farms and food hubs so they can sell and distribute local food to consumers, to restaurants, to grocery stores, and to institutions.
Follow The Virginia Foodie here:
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/vafoodie)